This collection of resources is designed to support your work with English Language Learners in New Zealand.
They are informed by the Ministry of Education's Literacy goal, Foundation learning: Literacy.
Additional support | New Zealand associations and services | International associations and groups
New Zealand associations and services
- TESOLANZ : TESOLANZ (Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages Aotearoa New Zealand). This is the national organisation for ESOL teachers at all levels from preschool to adult, professional or voluntary. Teachers can register and subscribe to the newsletter or journal, read about ESOL education providers, view ESOL reports, and participate in online discussions.
- CLESOL (Community Languages and English for Speakers of Other Languages): The CLESOL Conference brings together community language teachers and ESOL teachers.
- CLANZ (Community Language Association of New Zealand): Empowering ethnic communities to maintain and develop their languages in New Zealand. Membership subscriptions available from the TESOLANZ website.
- NZALT (New Zealand Association of Language Teachers)
- New Zealand Literacy Association: This site includes information about the association, its executive, and regional affiliates. It also includes subscription information, links to related associations and information about conferences.
International associations and groups
- Ethnomed: Ethnic Medicine Information: Information about cultural beliefs, medical issues, and other related issues pertinent to the health care of recent immigrants to the US, many of whom are refugees fleeing war-torn parts of the world.
- UNHCR: The U N Refugee Agency
Back to top
Published on: 06 Nov 2014